Facebook is the biggest social media giant with billions of active users from all over the world. Many global businesses and brands use Facebook advertising to get more potential customers from the platform. So, in order to make your marketing campaign more successful, Facebook has created a host of features. A few of these features encourage people’s engagement on the business page, one of which is the poll. In this post, we will read about what is a Facebook poll, different types of Facebook polls, and how to create a poll on Facebook.
What is a Facebook Poll?
If you want to get an opinion of Facebook users on some service, product, or anything, Facebook Poll can help. It is one of the greatest ways to get people’s opinions about something quickly. You can create a poll on Facebook pages, personal walls, messages, or groups. In fact, any account user can make a Facebook poll.
Polls are available in a multiple-choice format in which the poll creator asks a question, and your group members click on one of the options. The poll results are then counted as members’ votes. In fact, members can vote multiple times if you allow them to. You can also include a deadline in the poll, after which no further responses will be accepted.
Types of Polls on Facebook
You will also notice various types of polls on Facebook to choose from. You can choose the right one which you think will work for you.
Polls in Facebook Groups
This is the most common poll on Facebook. You can attract many people to your group, and all group members can easily interact with one another. Groups are an excellent way to create a community around your product and provide a valuable source of feedback. It is an excellent way to gather information from your target audience.
How to create Facebook Groups Polls
- Any member of the group is free to create this poll.
- Enter the group and click the ‘create public post’ button at the top.
- Click the ‘more’ button in the ‘create post’ box.
- Choose ‘poll’ from the drop-down menu.
- Then, type the question you want to ask in the provided box.
- Add the options for your followers to choose from the question.
- When your poll is finished, click ‘Add to your post,’ which will appear in the group.
Polls on Event Pages
Although a Facebook page is different from a Facebook group, members can still contribute to the group by leaving comments and interacting in other ways. However, only the page admins can create a poll on Facebook event pages. This is ideal for controlling the discussion and informing people about upcoming events such as product releases or upcoming gigs.
How to make Event Pages Polls
- To post a poll on a page, you must be the page’s administrator.
- Go to the page and, on the left side, click on ‘publishing tools.’
- Click on ‘classic post creation tool’ in the options menu in the bottom left-hand corner of the ‘new post’ section.
- Then, click on the three ellipses for more options on the right.
- Choose the ‘poll’ option.
- Ask your question, and then list your possible responses below it.
- When your poll is complete, click the ‘Share Now’ button at the bottom of the page.
Polls on Facebook Messenger
Facebook’s messenger service is widely used around the world because it allows people to communicate privately with one another. While it is most commonly used for one-on-one private conversations, it can also be used for private group discussions. It also has a slew of other features, such as the ability to create a poll that is only visible to members of your discussion group.
It’s a great way to reach an agreement among Facebook friends or colleagues in a group chat, especially when the subject matter should not be shared publicly.
How to Create a Poll on Facebook Messenger
- To post a Facebook messenger poll, you must be logged in to your own account.
- Navigate to Facebook Messenger while logged in.
- Now you have to click the blue ‘+’ button in the left corner of the bottom
- Click on the ‘polls’ option, which will look like the image below.
- Make a poll on a social media platform.
- Fill in the blanks with your question and answer options.
- When you’re finished, click ‘Create Poll,’ and your poll will go live.
Video Polls on Facebook
With increasing bandwidth and access to relatively simple editing software, an increasing number of people can upload videos to Facebook. These can be extremely effective marketing tools.
Moreover, these are excellent ways to inform people about your products in an easy-to-follow and understandable manner. While uploading a video on a Facebook page, you can ask any question about the video in the form of a poll. This is an excellent method for obtaining direct feedback on a specific product or service.
How to create Video polls on Facebook
- Go to your Facebook page.
- On the Create Post Box, select Photo/Video.
- Select Upload Photos/Video
- Select the video you’re attempting to upload.
- In the upload screen, select ‘Polls.’
- Click the ‘create poll’ button.
- Enter the question you want to ask in your poll and a list of possible answers.
- Specify when you want your poll to begin and end in the video.
- Select whether you want your viewers to see the poll results.
- When you’re finished, click Save, and the poll will be published alongside the video.
Overall, Facebook polls are a tool that can be both entertaining and beneficial to your business. They are an excellent way to learn more about your target audience and may reveal insights that will assist you in providing exactly what they are looking for. They are also free to use, which is a clear advantage, and they are simple to set up.
If you are looking for any information on how to create a poll on Facebook or they can help your business, get in touch with Digital Drew!