The news of iOS update comes as music to the ears of apple users. However, with every new update, besides the changes in the interface and addition of features, comes as certain set of challenges for the businesses, since they have to adapt their marketing strategies according to those changes.
When apple announced that the changes in their new iOS 14 it also shared the news that these changes are going to impact how one will receive and process conversions from events such as Facebook Pixel.
Now, the question is how can businesses adapt to these changes? What is going to be the impact of these changes? To help you answer all this, here we are with all the information.
Here are two important steps that you need to take to begin with:
Update FB’s SDK for iOS 14 (Version 8.1)
The first thing that you can do is to upgrade your SDK as it will help you deliver personalized ads to all the iOS 14 users. By doing so you will be able to continue receiving the conversion events reporting without any trouble. If you are an admin of the account, you can simply go to the Events Manager and easily update it.
Configure your event configuration schema
The second thing that you need to do is to configure the configuration schema for SKAd Network. To do so, you can simply go to Events Manager and do it. This will allow you to measure as well as optimize your FB ad efforts, along value optimization.
Here’s the step-by-step process:
Using FB SDK for iOS
If you don’t update FB SDK to version 8.1, you will not be able to create iOS 14 campaigns. Here’s what you can do by updating to the latest FB SDK:
- Deliver personalized ad experience to iOS 14 users
- Measure app installs
- Value optimization and app event optimization
- Continue to perform all this with automated app ads
- Share advertiser tracking-enable flag with your app events so as to share the user consent status
Working with a Mobile Measurement Partner or MMP
If you are not using FB SDK, and are working with an MMP, here’s what you can do:
- Check with your MMP on where they stand with FB to support SKAd Network, as Facebook is working with various MMPs to enable advertisers to rely and support on MMP networks.
- If it has already done the integration with FB, you will receive a unique URL. Once you receive the URL, you can simply select the Import from Partner App Setup method and paste the URL to run the campaigns for app event optimization and value optimization.
Using App Events API
- If you are using App Events API, the first thing that you will need will be to support Apple’s SKAd Network. You can confirm the same by going to the Events Manager in your account.
- Once you have confirmed that you meet the requirements, you can configure the event configuration schema for event optimization and value optimization of your campaigns.
- Along with setting up app events, you can setup mobile OS and iOS version. If you don’t setup mobile OS and iOS, FB will drop the events as soon as Apple begins to implement the changes.
One important that’s worth mentioning here is that as marketer you will now need to send the advertiser tracking-enabled flag with app events to share user consent status. What this means is that you will now indicate whether FB should use the data for ads according to the commitment you as marketers have made to your users. If you have not set the flag to a yes, FB would treat your ad event as opted out from tracking. So, you will not be able to receive the event data in that case.
As you can see from the information provided above, there have been some significant changes implemented by FB to adapt your marketing policies as per the latest iOS update. The sooner you will take the necessary steps to these changes, the better it will be for your FB ad marketing campaigns.
Hoping that the information we have provided here will be of good use to you, we wish you all the best!